In accordance with its 2018 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC organised the Statistics Course on 'Sustainable Development Statistics' at National Centre for Statistics and Information (NCSI) of Oman on 6 – 8 March 2018.
The Statistical Course was conducted by Mr. Mohamad Shukor Mat LAZIM, Deputy Director of Manpower and Social Statistics Division from DoS of Malaysia, with the participation of 24 officials of the NCSI of Oman.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009;http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); sustainable development statistics cover work on indicators and frameworks to monitor the economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable development.
The Statistics Course on 'Sustainable Development Statistics' included discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
Introduction of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Overview of SDGs in Malaysia
- Governance of SDGs
- Preliminary assessment of SDGs Indicators (17 Goals & 169 Targets)
- SDGs focus area (People, Planet, Prosperity, Peace & Partnership)
Assessment of SDGs Indicators:
- SDGs focus area for People (Goals 1,2,3,4,5)
- Oman scenario: The implementation of SDGs in Oman & Data readiness for Goals 1-5 (Group Discussion)
- SDGs focus area for Planet (Goals 6,12,13,14,15)
- Oman scenario: Data readiness for Goals 6,12,13,14,15 (Group Discussion)
- SDGs focus area for Prosperity (Goals 7,8,9,10,11)
- Oman scenario: Data readiness for Goals 7,8,9,10,11(Group Discussion)
- SDGs focus area for Peace & Partnership (Goals 16 & 17)
- Oman scenario: Data readiness for Goals 16 & 17 (Group Discussion)
SDGs Monitoring & Reporting
Sign up for an account at OIC-StatCom Forum (http://forum.sesric.org/) to join the group discussion on the Statistical Course on 'Sustainable Development Statistics' in Oman available at: http://forum.sesric.org/?p=30310